Saturday 27 August 2016

Baby and bath water

I saw a question posted online recently, asking whether Mormonism could ever change enough to entice me back. 

My answer was no, nothing at all. I've spent 4 years working out what was "baby" and what was "bath water."

The church is entirely bath water. I've thrown all of it out. I realised a while ago that anything good found in Mormonism is not unique and most of what is unique about Mormonism is not particularly good. 

I've found new communities; I've found new ways of giving service; I've found new friends; I've even found new ways and environments to be be emotionally and mentally uplifted.

I recognise I'll probably never live to see it happen, but I already celebrate the day, some time in the future, when Mormonism is nothing more than a footnote in the history of the world's curiosities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment